Comments

Pages

01 November 2007

the jumping cholla meme...

Posted by at 11:54 PM Read our previous post
Okay.
So I got tagged with a meme by the prolific "Exploring our Matrix" blog. I don't know where this will all lead, but I'm gonna play along.

The rules are as follows:

You can leave them exactly as is.
You can delete any one question.
You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change "The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is..." to "The best time travel novel in Westerns is...", or "The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is...", or "The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is...".
You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form "The best [subgenre] [medium] in [genre] is...".

You must have at least one question in your set, or you've gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you're not viable.

Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions. Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.


----------------------------------------
My ancestors:

My great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Metamagician and the Hellfire Club.
My great-great-great-great-great-grandparent is Flying Trilobite
My great-great-great-great-grandparent is A Blog Around the Clock
My great-great-great-grandparent is The Anterior Commissure
My great-great-grandparent is Laelaps
My great-grandparent is Quintessence of Dust
My grandparent is An Evangelical Dialogue On Evolution
My parent is Exploring Our Matrix

My answers:

  1. The best scary movie in sociopolitical dystopias is: Brazil.
  2. The best song that moves me inexplicably in 80s pop is: “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper
  3. The best classical story in Historical Fiction is: The Odyssey
  4. The most fantastic harmony of all time is found in: Todora (a polyphonic Bulgarian folk song)
  5. The most frightfully honest artist of all time is: M.C. Escher
My victims:

I'll stop there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments left anonymously may or may not be posted.

© quixotic infidel (the) is powered by Blogger - Template designed by Stramaxon - Best SEO Template